As the days get shorter and shorter and night seems to come much earlier every day, it might seem like all you ever want to do is sleep. Now is a great time to evaluate your mattress to see if it’s still in good shape or if it’s time for a new one.
Mattresses are kind of like an old pair of shoes or your favorite comfy chair. They still feel comfortable even after they’ve lost their ability to provide the proper support you need. According to ShopSmartMag, it may be time for a new mattress if yours is eight years old or older. “In a survey of 5,900 ConsumerReports.org subscribers who bought a mattress within the last five years, nearly 75% said they slept better on the new mattress.” The study found that price didn’t matter, and most were happy whether they chose a top-of-the-line or budget-friendly model.
Considering that, why in the world wouldn’t you go ahead and get yourself a new mattress? If you’re still not sure if you REALLY need a new one, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you ever wake up sore, stiff or with back pain?
- Does the surface of the mattress look uneven?
- Are some spots more comfortable than others?
- Do you hear creaks and crunches when getting up or sitting down?
- Do you love sleeping in hotel beds or at other people’s houses?
- And the BIG one: Do you roll toward the center of the bed?
If you answered yes to any of these, it really might be time. Come in to any of our locations and make picking out a new mattress fun by trying out lots of different options. The secret is to take your time and lay on each mattress you think you like for at least 10 minutes.